Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Adventures in moving


OK so here is the story I wanted to share.........

Moving last week posed several hurdles, Tod was working nonstop so he was for the most part no help whatsoever. I was on my own! I had a couple friends keep the kids as much as they could on Thursday and Friday, Saturday we had somewhere for all three kids to go so that we could clean the old house. Well that was the plan anyway, and you know what they say about well laid plans.....

The moving guys packed me Thursday (just in case you haven't been reading lol) Friday they loaded all my stuff onto their truck and took it to the new house. Tod wanted some stuff taken by us so as the movers were loading so was I. I loaded my van with clothes, and the smaller animals we have (1 hamster 2 crabs 2 birds) I finished before the movers did so I waited for them and got in my car to head to my new house, I checked the animals to make sure they were all OK and there was no hamster in her cage! HOLY CRAP! I had a small rodent running around in my car full of clothes!!! The movers were already on their way to the new house so I couldn't stop to see if I could find her I had to drive all the way over to the new place with her running around in the car. The whole time I was convinced that she was going to run under my foot as I stepped on the brake or something and I was going to squish her! And if not I knew she would jump out as I opened the door. Well none of that happened thank goodness! I called my friend on the way over to see if she would come help me and I ended up with 2 friends helping me look for her at the new place. We carefully unloaded clothes and looked as we took stuff out of the car and the crawled out from under the seat like nothing happened.
Needless to say my moving guys said that was a first for them! and they thought it was quite funny.

1 comment:

Snoskred said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Cool hamster story. :) Nice of your friends to help out too! ;)