Monday, October 30, 2006

Some more ideas!!!

OK so tomorrow is Halloween and it is something I struggle with every year. I was raised in a strict christian home and was never allowed to do ANYTHING for Halloween not even the church related alternatives. So now as a parent I know and understand why not to celebrate Halloween now but I remember how it felt as a kid always being excluded from all the fun. So I always try to make sure my kids have SOMETHING to do so that they don't feel completely left out.
So this year my church is doing a Trunk Or Treat. Basically we park our cars in the church parking lot and decorate the trunk and hand out candy from there, the kids are allowed to dress up which is half the fun of Halloween! But now I have to figure out HOW to decorate my trunk! I have been looking online but I haven't got many ideas I didn't find many pictures just people basically saying how to have one, but not many ideas on decorating tips.
Mine will probably end up being the lamest one there. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sure it will turn out just fine. Be sure to take pictures.

Melissa said...

What a cool alternative to door-to-door.