Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sometimes life sucks!

Yes this may sound harsh, but it is so very true and I just dare you to disagree.
There are so many things to be thankful I know if I try really hard I could think of more bad than good. But then there are days you just dont want to get out of bed, just pull the covers back up over my head and pretend that the kids arent fighting, Kaylin is not destroying something else, Tod is home in bed with me and not in some strange country fighting in a war, and I dont have crazy people calling me all the time wanting me to fix their problems!
Dont get me wrong I really do have so much to be eternally grateful for but sometimes the stress just gets overwhelming.
What sucks?
Husband is off at war
I am raising 3 kids alone
I am also responsible for 50 other young wives and their drama
I have a 2 year old who is almost 3 who WAS potty trained and has now decided not to be
I am alone with no family nearby to talk to when I am down or to give me a break

I think all that is enough to drive most women insane!

BUT!!!
What do I have to be thankful for?
A husband who loves me
To be married to my hero
To be married to my best friend
To have 3 beautiful healthy children
To have a family who loves me, and would be here to help if they could
To have some of the best friends a girl could ever ask for
To have a mother in law who I love as much as my own mom
To have a sister in law who I love as much as my own sister
I have a roof over my head
We have everything we could ever need and more
We live in a country where we are free
That I serve a loving caring God who will always take care of my every need.

I think that last one is the most important one. No matter what I am going through it is only temporary, and I know that God will give me strength to get through it.
So I guess things could be a lot worse.
But I would still like to stay in bed some days!

1 comment:

Charmed by Gorjuss said...

Say it loud! Sometimes it does. And every now and again, you get to smile. I'm glad you can find your happy moments. Gentle hugs to you, Cheri!

And you've been tagged - please see my blog for the rules. Have fun!
c.